Pageviews past week

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Nobody's Friend

This is a poem about Gossip that I found on the internet, the author is anonymous.

Nobody’s Friend

My name is Gossip.


I have no respect for justice.


I maim without killing.


I break hearts and ruin lives.


I am cunning and malicious and gather strength with age.


The more I am quoted the more I am believed.


My victims are helpless. They cannot protect themselves against me because I have no name and no face.


To track me down is impossible. The harder you try, the more elusive I become.


I am nobody’s friend.


Once I tarnish a reputation, it is never the same.


I topple governments and wreck marriages.


I ruin careers and cause sleepless nights, heartaches and indigestion. I make innocent people cry in their pillows.


Even my name hisses. I am called Gossip.


I make headlines and headaches.


Before you repeat a story, ask yourself:
    Is it true?
    Is it harmless?
    Is it necessary?
    If it isn’t, don’t repeat it.


~ Author Unknown 


http://www.workplaceissues.com/qagossip.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment